Postdoc, Center of Engineering for Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital and Shriners Hospital for Children, Boston, MA, 2003-2006
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2003
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Memphis, 1997
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, 1990.
Cell and Tissue Engineering, BioMEMS and Thermal Medicine
- Microfluidic cell chips for signaling network studies (such as cancer and inflammation) and high throughput drug screening
- Thermal medicine involving nanotechnology and heat shock/heat shock proteins for cancer diagnostics, therapy, tissue injury protection and repair
- Three dimensional tissue engineering in synthetic extracellular matrix using BioMEMS and/or stem cells for regeneration medicine and toxicity study
- Zeynep Dereli-Korkut*, Harmeet Gandhok*, Ling Ge Zeng, Sidra Piracha, Xuejun Jiang, and Sihong Wang,“Real-Time Detection of Cellular Death Receptor-4 Activation by Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 2013 May;110(5):1396-404. doi: 10.1002/bit.24804. Epub 2013 Jan 17.
- Jing Chen, Zhongdong Shi, Xinying Ji, Jorge Morales, Navneet Kaur, Jingwei Zhang, Sihong Wang,“Periodic Heat Shock Enhances Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Self-assembling Peptide Hydrogel,” Tissue Engineering Part A, 2013 Mar;19(5-6):716-28. doi: 10.1089/ten.TEA.2012.0070. Epub 2012 Nov 23.
- Sihong Wang, Deepak Nagrath, “ Liver Tissue Engineering”, in Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering Applications: a review of the past and future trends, Editors: J. Burdick &R. Mauck, Springer, p389-420, 2011.
- Sihong Wang, Pohun C. Chen, Francois Berthiaume, Mehmet Toner, Arul Jayaraman and Martin L. Yarmush, “Dynamic effect of heat shock pretreatment on apoptosis responses to TNF-α in liver cells”, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131(7):071003, July, 2009.
- Sihong Wang*, Deepak Nagrath*, Pohun C. Chen, François Berthiaume and Martin L. Yarmush, “Three dimensional primary hepatocyte culture in self-assembling peptide hydrogel”, Tissue Engineering Part A,14(2):227-36, February, 2008.
- Sihong Wang, Weijun Xie, Philip W. Tucker, Shanti Aggawal, Kenneth R. Diller, “HSP70 kinetics study by continuous observation of HSP-GFP fusion protein expression on a perfusion heating stage,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol 99, No. 1, 146-54, January 1, 2008.
- Kevin R. King, Sihong Wang, Arul Jayaraman, Martin L. Yarmush and Mehmet Toner, “Microfluidic flow-encoded switching for parallel control of dynamic cellular microenvironments”, Lab on a Chip, 8(1):107-16, January, 2008.
- Kevin R. King*, Sihong Wang*, Arul Jayaraman, Mehmet Toner and Martin L. Yarmush, “A high-throughput microfluidic real-time gene expression living cell array”, Lab on a Chip, 7(1):77-85, January, 2007.
- Marissa N. Rylander, Kenneth R. Diller, Sihong Wang, Shanti J. Aggarwal, “Correlation of HSP70 expression and cell viability following thermal stimulation of bovine aortic endothelial cells,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2005, 127, p751-757.
- Sihong Wang, Kenneth R. Diller, Shanti J. Aggarwal, “The kinetics study of endogenous heat shock protein 70 expression,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2003, 125, p794-797.
- Wilburn E. Reddick, Sihong Wang, Xiaoping Xiong, John O. Glass, Shengjie Wu, Sue C. Kaste, Charles B. Pratt, William H. Meyer, Barry D. Fletcher, “Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of regional contrast access as an additional prognostic factor in pediatric osteosarcoma,” Cancer, 2001, 91:12, p2230-2237.
- Bugao Xu, Sihong Wang, and Jie Su,“Fiber Image Analysis, Part III: Autonomous Separation of Fiber Cross Sections,”Journal of Textile Institute, 1999, 90, p288-297.
BME504 Cell and Tissue Engineering
BME502 Cell and Tissue Transport
BME310 Experimental Methods in BME
BME I2000 Cell and Tissue Engineering
BME G7000 Laboratory in Cell and Molecular Engineering
Current Research Funding
- NIH/NCI Research Project in CCNY/MSKCC Partnership(U54): Microfluidic Tumor Array Development and Autophagy in Cancer Treatment
- NSF CAREER Award Microfluidic 3D Apoptosis Cell Arrays
- NSF I Corps: 3D Microfluidic Cell Arrays (µFCA) for high throughput drug screening in tumor/tissue microenvironment
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
The City College of The City University of New York
Steinman Hall, T-434
Wang Lab [..]