Postdoc, Center of Engineering for Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital and Shriners Hospital for Children, Boston, MA, 2003-2006
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2003
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Memphis, 1997
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, 1990.
Cell and Tissue Engineering, BioMEMS and Thermal Medicine
- Microfluidic cell chips for signaling network studies (such as cancer and inflammation) and high throughput drug screening
- Thermal medicine involving nanotechnology and heat shock/heat shock proteins for cancer therapy, tissue injury protection and repair
- Three dimensional tissue engineering in synthetic extracellular matrix using BioMEMS and/or stem cells for regeneration medicine and toxicity study
- Sihong Wang, Deepak Nagrath, “ Liver Tissue Engineering”, in Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering Applications: a review of the past and future trends, Editors: J. Burdick &R. Mauck, Springer, p389-420, 2010.
- Sihong Wang, Pohun C. Chen, Francois Berthiaume, Mehmet Toner, Arul Jayaraman and Martin L. Yarmush, “Dynamic effect of heat shock pretreatment on apoptosis responses to TNF-α in liver cells”, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131(7):071003, July, 2009.
- Sihong Wang*, Deepak Nagrath*, Pohun C. Chen, François Berthiaume and Martin L. Yarmush, “Three dimensional primary hepatocyte culture in self-assembling peptide hydrogel”, Tissue Engineering Part A,14(2):227-36, February, 2008.
- Sihong Wang, Weijun Xie, Philip W. Tucker, Shanti Aggawal, Kenneth R. Diller, “HSP70 kinetics study by continuous observation of HSP-GFP fusion protein expression on a perfusion heating stage,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol 99, No. 1, 146-54, January 1, 2008.
- Kevin R. King, Sihong Wang, Arul Jayaraman, Martin L. Yarmush and Mehmet Toner, “Microfluidic flow-encoded switching for parallel control of dynamic cellular microenvironments”, Lab on a Chip, 8(1):107-16, January, 2008.
- Kevin R. King*, Sihong Wang*, Arul Jayaraman, Mehmet Toner and Martin L. Yarmush, “A high-throughput microfluidic real-time gene expression living cell array”, Lab on a Chip, 7(1):77-85, January, 2007.
- Marissa N. Rylander, Kenneth R. Diller, Sihong Wang, Shanti J. Aggarwal, “Correlation of HSP70 expression and cell viability following thermal stimulation of bovine aortic endothelial cells,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2005, 127, p751-757.
- Sihong Wang, Kenneth R. Diller, Shanti J. Aggarwal, “The kinetics study of endogenous heat shock protein 70 expression,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2003, 125, p794-797.
- Wilburn E. Reddick, Sihong Wang, Xiaoping Xiong, John O. Glass, Shengjie Wu, Sue C. Kaste, Charles B. Pratt, William H. Meyer, Barry D. Fletcher, “Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of regional contrast access as an additional prognostic factor in pediatric osteosarcoma”, Cancer, 2001, 91:12, p2230-2237.
BME504 Cell and Tissue Engineering
BME502 Cell and Tissue Transport
BME310 Experimental Methods in BME
BME I2000 Cell and Tissue Engineering
BME G7000 Laboratory in Cell and Molecular Engineering
Current Research Funding
- NIH/NCI Research Project in CCNY/MSKCC Partnership(U54): Development of Microfluidic 3D Apoptotic Cell Arrays for Anti-cancer Drug Screening and Apoptotic Signaling Profiling
- NIH/NIA Heat Shock Effects on Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Differentiation in Hydrogel
- NSF CAREER Award Microfluidic 3D Apoptosis Cell Arrays
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
The City College of The City University of New York
Steinman Hall, T-434
Wang Lab [..]